Website Charleston Swim Club
Charleston Swim Club is seeking a Head Swim Coach for the 2023 Tri-County Swimming League summer program. Candidate should have prior experience as a competitive swim coach and be able to work with swimmers at all skill levels.
Must be available beginning Memorial Day weekend through the Tri-County Championships (May 30, 2023 thru August 6, 2023). Head Coach will be required to support daily practices (M-F afternoons through June; M-F morning and afternoon through the remainder of the season) and all swim meets, including Cherry Bowl and Tri-County Championships. Meets typically occur on Saturday mornings. The candidate must be able to become Lifeguard CPR Certified by May 30.
Desired Attributes of a Candidate Include:
- Demonstrates leadership and citizenship
- Models inclusiveness, good sportsmanship, enthusiasm, team spirit, and an All-Are-Welcome mentality
- Works with kids in positive ways that provide kids confidence to achieve their goals
- Has summer league competitive swimming experience with knowledge of, and ability to teach competitive strokes, starts and turns.
- Ability to build a positive community culture and develops relationships with the swim team volunteers, assistant coaches, parents, swim committees, and club Board
- Ability to teach stroke fundamentals to beginner swimmers
- Willingness to teach/actively engage the kids with customized feedback in addition to providing broad feedback to the entire practice
- Willingness to support team recruitment and Club promotional events
Interested candidates should email resume to [email protected]
About our club
Charleston Swim Club has offered summer fun and lifelong friendships to families of Cherry Hill since 1965. Among the smallest clubs in the area, Charleston provides a family-friendly community club that offers the perfect summer escape to cool off, relax, and socialize with family and friends.
Becoming part of our Charleston Swim Team is a rewarding experience for all our swimmers. At Charleston, we appreciate swimmers of all levels, and we provide the chance for children of all ages to come together, build friendships, and work together as a team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org